Office 365 Roundup – 8th August 2016
Some key improvements are being made to the user interface in SharePoint, with Document Libraries and Site Contents having had a make-over, and Lists soon to follow. Microsoft has given administrators the ability to turn this new look and feel off while users are prepared for the change. As with any system, change needs to be carefully handled, especially if Office 365 and SharePoint is relatively new to your organisation. Read below for more…There are also ongoing improvements happening to the Office 365 Administration Centre, particularly around Security and Compliance.Administration – High Priority!! Sandbox Code Based Solutions being removed !!If you have any functionality that is using .net code on your site, this will stop working after 31st August 2016. The AMT Hub Intranet will not be affected by this. This affects:
- InfoPath forms containing code
- Custom Web Parts
- User controls used in Visual Web Parts
- Event Receivers
- Feature Receivers
- Custom workflow actions
- Microsoft security practices for customer data that is stored in Office 365.
- Independent third-party audit reports of Office 365.
- Implementation and testing details for security, privacy, and compliance controls that Office 365 uses to protect your data.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001 and 27018
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)